Fòrums de discussió Fòrums de discussió

Vés enrere

Animation effects broken in 5.1.1. Fixed by downgrading to 5.0.2

Commuta
Hi,

I have found that some animation effects (e.g. puff) do not work in version 5.1.1.202404040933. The object appears instantly without any effect.

I downgraded to 5.0.2.202309272038 and it fixed the issue.

Can you please try to replicate this?

Many thanks in advance.
0 (0 Vots)

RE: Animation effects broken in 5.1.1. Fixed by downgrading to 5.0.2
Resposta
30/04/24 09:16 com a resposta a Leon R.
Hi Leon,

We can't reproduce this with our simple test cases. Please send us a sample source file with the problem so we can determine the cause. Please email the sb file to support@smartbuilder.com. Thanks.
0 (0 Vots)

Resposta
01/05/24 09:55 com a resposta a Rob Penn.
I have done more testing and discovered the cause of the problem...

Microsoft Windows has an accessibility feature that disables *most* animations. We discovered this setting had suddenly been changed to "off" on some of our development and reviewer machines.

That does not explain why I discovered that downgrading SmartBuilder fixed the issue, but changing this setting has fixed it.
0 (0 Vots)

Resposta
01/05/24 17:17 com a resposta a Leon R.
Hi Leon,
Oh, that's interesting - I wouldn't have guessed! Good catch. For anyone else curious about this, it seems like it was this setting (Settings > Ease of Access > Show animations in Windows). See image of Windows 10 settings.

I'm not sure what the differences are between 5.0.2 and 5.1.1 with regard to effects/animation. I know the new animations were added in 5.0.0 and there were bug fixes / interactions handled along the way (for example, if something was moving and animating at the same time, it would cause some issues - resolving that conflict might have exposed these animations to the Windows setting).

Fitxers adjunts:

Fitxer adjunt

0 (0 Vots)