Keskustelualueet Keskustelualueet

Takaisin

Image pop-in / preload

Vaihda
Image pop-in / preload
Vastaus
28.5.2024 16:16
Hi,

Can you please confirm the effect of the property: “Preload = True” has in the editor?

I’m having intermittent issues when viewing final published courses online. Occasionally, images will “pop-in” instantly after a small delay. It feels like the image is only fully loaded after the entrance animation is completed, which causes this pop-in.

I assumed that “Preload = True” would stop this, but there have been occasions where it feels like I’m still observing the pop-in effect. It’s very difficult to predict and reproduce because once the image is loaded, it doesn’t happen again when the page is revisited.

Finally, if I am correct that Preload = True should prevent image pop-in, can that please be the default setting when inserting images? I can’t imagine why I’d want to risk the image not being fully loaded before it is triggered to appear. I suppose if the image was contained in a layer that wasn’t visible at page start it would be acceptable to delay the loading, but I feel that is the exception, not the rule.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Ääniä)

RE: Image pop-in / preload
Vastaus
28.5.2024 20:58 vastaus kirjoittajalle Leon R.
Hi Leon,
Preload should wait to render the page until the preloaded images have been loaded from the network. So if you're on Page 9, and you go to the next page, if it's quick enough, it will load automatically. If it takes more than a few milliseconds, you'll see a loader while any preloading images for Page 10 are being loaded across the network, and then Page 10 will be shown once they're all ready. There might be some processing time for your broswer to render the image on top of other images. 

Here's what I would do:
  1. Make sure you're on a recent version of SmartBuilder before you publish. 5.1+ had some improvements around this.
  2. Send us your example URL if you can, and/or a couple pages from your source file. We'll check it out - there might be other things causing the issue than network delay. Let us know when/where you've see the problem, as well as what OS and browser you were using.
  3. For trying to reproduce the issue, when you load your sample, you can have the Network panel open and there's usually an option to Disable Cache, which simulates a first time viewing every time. Attached image is Chrome's Network panel.
0 (0 Ääniä)

Vastaus
29.5.2024 20:37 vastaus kirjoittajalle Navdeep Dhillon.
Thank you that is a good suggestion.

I'd just like to repeat my request...can Preload = True please become the default setting?

Many thanks
0 (0 Ääniä)

Vastaus
30.5.2024 21:54 vastaus kirjoittajalle Leon R.
Hi Leon,
We've added that to our enhancement list!
0 (0 Ääniä)