Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Drag & Drop in Software Simulation

Toggle
Drag & Drop in Software Simulation
Answer
6/27/19 9:41 AM
I'm looking to set up a software simulation. I know how to make the basic software simulation where the student clicks on things and enters text before moving to the next layer.

I want to make a software simulation where the student has to drag something (a column header from a data screen) and drop it elsewhere on the screen. Dropping the object in the right location should then move the software simulation to the next layer.

Is this possible and if so; how do I do it?
I thought I saw something similar in a test lesson where you had to help someone connect cables to their laptop?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Drag & Drop in Software Simulation
Answer
6/27/19 7:30 PM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
Hi Bianca,
The answer to this depends on whether or not you're using one of our templates.  Adding a drag and drop shouldn't be too difficult, but making it work with the rest of the template (increment correct count if correct, increment incorrect count if incorrect) will take an extra step.  Here's a video that shows you how to set this up.  Basically you'll use a "click" step as a starting point, add in your drag item and dropzone, get the drag-and-drop functionality set up, and then when they drop it correctly or incorrectly, copy over the responses from the template.

http://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/dnd-software-simulation.mp4

Hope that helps!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Drag & Drop in Software Simulation
Answer
6/28/19 5:32 AM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hello Navdeep,

That is exactly what I want, thanks! emoticon

0 (0 Votes)