Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Translation Import slips up?

Toggle
Translation Import slips up?
Answer
10/1/19 9:07 AM
Hi,

I've been exporting the translation files to translate the lessons. According to the instructions you have to translate only the last of the table colums in the document which is what I've been doing.
I've noticed that, upon importing this translated text document, some of the text doesn't receive it's translation but remains in the default language. This seems to happen once every 10 or so text objects. Is this a known bug?

The following is an example of what that looks like. Because of ISO regulations the actual text of the lesson has been altered.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Translation Import slips up?
translation
Answer
10/1/19 1:15 PM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
Hi Bianca,

This is not a known issue and we can’t currently reproduce it.

Would it be possible to send us the source file (sb4) of the lesson? You can upload it to our secure site.

If you’re concerned about sharing the content, if you can just send us a single page where you can reproduce the problem, that should be sufficient to start our analysis.

Please let me know if that’s possible.

Thanks,

Rob
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/19 7:03 AM as a reply to Rob Penn.
Hi Rob,
I have made a demo lesson and uploaded it to the secure location.
Hopefully you'll find the issue. It seemed to show the issue when I tested the file.

Reference ID:1569999657238-91332

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/19 9:44 AM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
Hi Bianca,

Thanks for providing the sample lesson. We managed to reproduce this on some computers (the version of Word seems related to who can reproduce the problem). Anyway, we have implemented a fix and have included this in the upcoming 4.5 release. This general release of 4.5 is still a few weeks away, however, we can provide you with a beta version to try. We should be able to get that to you by the end of this week. Does that work for you?

Thanks,

Rob
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/19 10:00 AM as a reply to Rob Penn.
Hello Rob,

Isn't it 2am in California right now? emoticon

I would like to try the fix if this doesn't remove the earlier patch I installed to fix the Actions panel which gave issues due to my system language.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/19 2:14 PM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
Yes, it was 2am in California, but I'm in the UK at the moment. emoticon

The beta will include the fix for the action panel issue related to your system language, so that shouldn't be a problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/19 5:26 AM as a reply to Rob Penn.
Ok, great, then I'd like to try this fix.
Thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/19 9:02 AM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
No problem Bianca. By the way, Apple released an OSX Office update (16.29.1 released on 2019.09.17). One of our Mac testers who was able to reproduce the problem updated Office then exported and imported again and this solved the problem, even with the current SB release. I wouldn't say this is a conclusive result, but if you haven't yet updated your OSX Word, it may be worth trying that. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/19 5:35 AM as a reply to Rob Penn.
The frequency of Office updates are set on a corporate level here so I can't update in the meantime. I'll just wait for the patch, thanks.
0 (0 Votes)