Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Moving Object - Slowly

Toggle
Moving Object - Slowly
Answer
10/2/20 1:59 PM
Hello!

I have a menu bar that moves up from the bottom of the stage when activated and then moves back down to the bottom of the stage when deactivated. I've been using the "move object" action blocks with some success, but I want the menu bar to move upwards/downwards at a slower rate. I've been able to simulate slower movement by using multiple move action blocks separated by very short "wait for" time blocks (screenshot attached), but I'm wondering if there is a simpler, smoother method to accomplish this?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Moving Object - Slowly
Answer
10/2/20 4:10 PM as a reply to Marla Cherney.
Hi Marla,
There is another way of doing this! The set configuratin block (scroll down in the "Variable" category) will allow you change the movement timing. You can also use it to change the timing of transition effects (fade in, fade out). Enter the value in milliseconds, for example, 2500ms = 2.5 seconds. If you want to do something after it finishes moving, add a 2.5s wait block after the move, and then the other action that you want.

I usually set the dropdown to "current event" so that it only applies to this particular action, but you can also leave it on "lesson" and it will apply to all the move blocks in the lesson.

See attached image. Hope that helps!
0 (0 Votes)