Message Boards Message Boards

Back

states of objects are not remembered

Toggle
states of objects are not remembered
Answer
1/15/21 6:25 PM
Hi All,

I am new to smartbuilder but already amazed with the power it gives to developers through coding blocks.

Where I am struggling is that I don't know how to configure a module to be resumed and have everything in the pages as it was when the user left.

I got familiar with the Bookmark master template and seen that it works, that is resuming to the correct page and keeping the data from variables.

Sometimes in a page I have a shape that was not visible, and through an action from the user it becomes visible on page. Then if the user exits and resumes the module, the shape is in it's initial state and not visible. The change has not carried over (this also happens when navigating back to previous pages). Am I missing something? or I have to use variables to force changes on page objects to be set manually in previous states?

Thanks in advance,
Christos Argyropoulos
0 (0 Votes)

RE: states of objects are not remembered
Answer
1/15/21 7:35 PM as a reply to GFI Training.
Hi Christos,
You are not missing anything - the state of the objects are NOT preserved when you leave the page and come back. There are simply too many objects and too many properties per object to keep it all in memory.

So yes, the way to preserve the state of something is to use a variable. They will be stored and restored using the bookmark template. Here's a quick video that shows you the simplest way to do this per page: https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/storing-state-in-variables-reloading-state-on-return.mp4

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)