Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Animate listed rich text items

Animate listed rich text items
Answer
6/7/21 6:50 AM
Hello all,

I have a challenge for you all! Is there a way to animate listed rich text items one by one?

Options that I cannot use:
- A cover that shrinks or moves down to reveal list items one by one, as it has to work for multiple languages.
- Multiple text objects that apear one by one and grow with the added list item. This would increase unwanted text translation costs due to the duplications.

Hope you can help me, kind regards,
Patrick.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Animate listed rich text items
Answer
6/7/21 5:20 PM as a reply to Smartbuilder User1.
Hi Patrick,
I think the only way to do this at the moment is to break the text into separate text objects, and then animate them using the Timeline (or in the actions, if you prefer).

Here's a video showing you how to break apart text - https://www.screencast.com/t/rWLvILVtkT

Translating will always require you to go through the lesson and adjust placement of text, or at least check for overlapping text / images.

Let us know if there are any other factors in your design that would keep this method from working for you!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/21 8:01 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Thank you Navdeep,

Looks good and yes we always go through translations to make sure everything fits but we want to keep the amount of work to a minimum as we often handle 15+ European languages.

Meanwhile I could not put it to rest and I also tried working out someting.

Using a single collumn table that initially contains the text with the same colour as the fill of the table cells, I managed to make the text appear one by one by changing the colour of the cell text one by one. But, yes I have to drop the requirement of rich text and I have not managed to nicely fade in the 'new' colour. But it works good for translations I suppose...

Thanks again! Kind regards, Patrick.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/10/21 5:50 PM as a reply to Smartbuilder User1.
Hi Patrick,
That's an interesting solution. How does the text get shown? Is it synchronized with audio, or just shown with a short delay between items? Is it basically a quick showing animation (show, show, show), or are you trying to time showing the text based on how much text there is (show 1, wait 4 seconds, show 2, wait 10 seconds, show 3)?

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/21 1:54 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hi Nav,

See the attached screenshot for what I did. I used it in a very basic form, so I just change the text color with a set time interval. I suppose you can simplify the current action using another list but this works fine for now. 

I leave it to anyones imagination here at the forum to change time intervals depending on the length of the table cell data or to sync it to any other action.

Alternatively and and also resolving the fade ins, you can create an X number of identical tables at the exact same coordinates and populate them with the required text through variables. This way you can fade in each table one by one using the timing and transition you wish.

Kind regards,
Patrick.
0 (0 Votes)