Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Apply Master to a Master

Apply Master to a Master
Answer
12/10/21 6:39 PM
I would like to apply a master to a master. I have a navigation master that applies to all pages, say 80. Based on different regions i need to alter that navigation page. If I could apply a master to a master that cascading effect would be easy. I could create 3 masters that applied to another master that is used in the pages cast, this way they could be easily swapped before publishing. Currently my only option is spliting content bewteen masters and applying them indiviudallty to all 80 pages or crating a very complicated master that a following user will never understand. Splitting this to concurrnetly applied masters has become a logistical PIMA and undesirable. 

Maybe i'm stuck inside a box, open to ideas.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Apply Master to a Master
Answer
12/10/21 7:20 PM as a reply to Ry Landry.
Hello Ry,
I don't think Master-Masters will be possible in the near future. I think we probably need to meet and look at your lesson together to see how to slice up the functionality and handle the dynamic aspects with variables. Or maybe 2 copies of Masters with some overlap in their functionality. Feel free to start a support chat, or email us to schedule a time to look at your lesson together.

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)