Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Scrolling Image

Toggle
Scrolling Image
Answer
3/9/22 2:48 PM
Hello SB Team!  
I'm creating a software simulation that has a very large section that needs to be displayed (screenshot with some hotspots over it).  It's so large that it will be hard to read If I shrink it down, screenshot it, and add it to my stage.  I know there is no option to scroll an image, but was wondering if there was any way to use the slider to move objects?  Maybe along a motion path?  
Thanks! 
Scott

PS - I was able to get an object to move along a path with a slider 'on change' but wasn't able to figure out how to stop it once it starts moving.  
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Scrolling Image
Answer
3/9/22 6:33 PM as a reply to Scott Sheridan.
Hi Scott,
Does it make more sense to make your page taller? SmartBuilder can allow pages to be different heights. You can also force the page to scroll to different sections (such as return to top) by using the focus block.

Here's a video - https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/different-page-heights.mp4

If this method doesn't work for your use case, let us know. You can do some math and use a slider, but that seems like a pain to manage.

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/22 6:47 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hi Nav, 
Not in this case.  I have a data table that has many columns.  It scrolls left/right on our platform and I'd love to figure out how to handle that. 
Scott
PS: I've tried to use a table that does have the ability to scroll, unfortunately, the table holds images within its cells that would need to move with the table.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/22 7:00 PM as a reply to Scott Sheridan.
Update: 
I have been able to achieve what I needed to do using a couple of buttons that will move the screenshot to a set of coordinates and then back with another button.  
This should work for us! 
Scott
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/22 7:50 PM as a reply to Scott Sheridan.
Hi Scott,
That's probably smarter in the long run (moving between two positions using a button). But if you want to see how to use the slider here's a video and a sample lesson (attached).

https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/scrolling-image-with-slider.mp4

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/22 2:06 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Thanks very much, Nav.  I ended up going with the button option.  The scroll wasn't as smooth as I would like it to be.  
Appreciate your help with this one! 
Scott
0 (0 Votes)