Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Completing Simulation

Toggle
Completing Simulation
Answer
4/28/22 10:17 PM
Hi there,

I am new to your program and wanting to know how I can have the results on my SmartTracker tell me when someone has "Completed" a lesson.

I made a Simulation using the "Let Me Try" template and once finished and you click "Continue", nothing happens as it wants to go to the next page.
I changed that so that it now closes the lesson when you click the button.
However - as per the attached image, when someone gets to the final page and then closes the lesson it just says "terminated".
I need to know when someone has actually gone through the entire Simulation and completed it, otherwise you can essentially close it at any time and it will say "terminated", so I have no way of knowing if someone actually made it to the end.

I hope this makes sense as it was hard to try and clarify what I am looking for.

Thank you in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Completing Simulation
Answer
4/28/22 10:51 PM as a reply to Draico Young.
Hi Draico,
You've made a lot of progress in a little time! Lessons will send some xAPI data automatically. Your image covers the basics - when a lesson is "launched", when a page is "experienced" (if your lesson had more pages, each page would send a new "experienced" call), and when a lesson is "terminated".

In order to send more interesting things, you need to add xAPI action blocks. Some of our templates do this already (the quiz and question templates already have them). In this case, you need to add them manually. The first thing you want to do is figure out when to send it. Probably when they view the "End" layer. Then you can add the blocks found under Advanced > xAPI to mark the lesson as a whole to be completed (or whatever you want to do).

Here's a video - https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/xapi-completed.mp4

By setting the entire lesson as completed, you should see in your "Lesson Report" a list of the people that have launched the lesson, and whether or not it's been completed (as opposed to looking at the raw, individual xAPI statements as they roll in).

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/28/22 10:59 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
...although keep in mind that in order to track completion at all, the learner will need to be signed in. If they're not signed in, EVERYONE shows up as the same generic "lrs_guest" user.

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/22 3:23 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
That is exactly what I was looking to do!
I appreciate the prompt response!
0 (0 Votes)