Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Moving Illustrations

Toggle
Moving Illustrations
Answer
10/10/22 7:53 AM
I have a query on moving objects. I am looking for a continuous loop of a moving arrow/ object. I want to create an illustration where a user clicks on the image and the arrows demonstrate where there is liquid flowing into a pipe continuously. I can have the arrows sliding in using effects but can only do it once or create many, many arrows and logic. Is there an easier way? Would love to be able to do this. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Moving Illustrations
Answer
10/10/22 4:36 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hello,
This is an excellent question!

Here's how to set that up - https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/repeating-animations.mp4

Source file attached. Let us know if you have any questions!

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/22 4:25 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hi Nicole,
This should work, but there's one little issue (see image below). The global event name needs to match exactly. Let us know if that doesn't fix it! For your use case, you might want to choose some less-similar names, for example:
Variable: "allow_animation"
Global Event: "animate_now"

The second image has a bit of an explanation around the terms, hopefully to clear up some of the confusion around when/where "global" is used. I never need to type the word "global" in the things I name.

Also, bear in mind that this is a public facing forum - I don't know if your context screenshot is proprietary or not, but you should be able to delete it if you need to.

- Nav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/22 6:43 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
There was a request for what to do when you have multiple objects that need to blink, and turn them off one by one. Here's how to do that (source lesson attached):
https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/repeat-animations-with-multiple-objects.mp4

The alternative would be to create a number of different animate1, animate2, etc actions, and separate allow_animation1, allow_animation2, etc variables and micromanage the actions. But whenever you're micromanaging, that's usually when Lists are the answer!

Let me know if that doesn't help!

- Nav

0 (0 Votes)