Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Conditional actions on tagged objects list

Hello,

I'm troubled with the following: I'm trying to simplify an "If" condition. I want to make something happen if the visibility of many objects has become "True". So, I tagged all of the objects and created the condition to fire a global event if the visibility of the list of tagged objects is "True". It doesn't work, and I'm wondering why. In the attachment you can see the action I used.

Thanks,
Patrick.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Conditional actions on tagged objects list
Answer
11/10/22 2:34 PM as a reply to Smartbuilder User1.
Hi Patrick, 
I'm sure the Smartbuilder folks may have a better answer but try putting 'enable' in the first field of the 'Fire global event' action and 'next' in the 'param' field.  That's worked for me before.  
Scott
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Conditional actions on tagged objects list
Answer
11/10/22 5:55 PM as a reply to Smartbuilder User1.
Hi,
Thanks for posting this here - it's a very good question. What happens when you ask several objects a single question (are you visible)? To find out, we went on a debugging adventure. The key take away here is not the answer, but how to expose what action blocks are doing (with a few idiosynchrocies along the way).

https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/visiblity-checking-and-debug-thought-process.mp4

Let us know if you have any questions!

To address Scott's response (separating "enable" and "next") - that method works with our template-provided global events because that's how the template is set up. But really all you need is for the fire event and event trigger match up.
0 (0 Votes)