Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Menu

Toggle
Menu
Answer
1/20/23 3:20 AM
Hello, 

I currently have a menu that prevents users from clicking to the next chapter. Once they complete a chapter, they can go back to the previous chapter if they want, but still cannot go forward until they watch the full video content. If a user completes the course, I want them to be able to click on any chapter in the menu without having to go through each chapter again to get to the one they want. Thus, is there a way to allow users to jump around the course via the menu once they complete the course and then choose to go back?

Thank you! 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Menu
Answer
1/20/23 6:28 PM as a reply to Gavin Van De Walle.
Hi Gavin,
Generally speaking, as you go through the lesson, you can tell the menu to mark this page as complete (usually with a Global Event when that page's activity is complete).

If your menu is set to Allow Skip Ahead = false, you cannot use the menu to go to pages that are not complete. Marking pages as complete allows access.

So by the time they reach the end of the lesson, the entire menu should be complete. There is also an action on the menu that allows you to mark all pages as complete with one action.

All of this assumes you're in a single session. If you close the lesson and relaunch it, and it's coming from the LMS, then the bookmarking should restore the menu state, but there may be some issues with the configuration of the Masters, and some unknown behavior on the LMS-side of things. I think we'd need to meet to look at the lesson in the LMS together to help troubleshoot that (I know you've already been in contact).

Another thought is if you have marked the lesson as complete in the LMS, and the menu is not restoring for some reason, you can set up an action that basically says:

When the menu is shown,
if LMS status is complete
  automatically mark all pages in the menu as complete.

That might be an easy workaround.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Menu
Answer
1/23/23 2:31 AM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Thank you for the reply! It turns out that the issue was within my LRS. I have resolved it. Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)