Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Quiz review

Toggle
Quiz review
Answer
1/28/23 2:49 AM
Is there a way to allow the learner to go back to a previous question in a set of questions using the randomized quiz controller? Currently, when I click the back button, I'm brought to a different question, not the question that was previously shown/answered. Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Quiz review
Answer
1/30/23 8:11 PM as a reply to Gavin Van De Walle.
Hi Gavin,
This isn't a feature built into the templates. There is a Review Mode that is accessible after they complete the whole quiz. There's a little walkthrough of it at 7:25 in this video.

If that is not what you're looking for, can you expand a bit on what you are looking for? If they answer Question A, do they view the feedback immediately? Then when they move on to the next question, what does the back button do? Let them re-answer Question A? Or just see the feedback, but not change their answer (the current Review Mode does this, but only after the quiz is complete)?

Most authors remove lesson navigation while the learner is taking the quiz.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/23 10:40 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Thank you for your reply! I attached a screen recording that will hopefully provide more context. You can see from the video that when I answer a question and then click the back button, I'm brought to a completely different question than the previous one. Ideally, the user could go back to the question they just answered in case they wanted to change it.

Thanks!
Gavin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/23 11:43 PM as a reply to Gavin Van De Walle.
Hi Gavin,
Unfortunately the only way to do this would be to build an entire randomized quiz from scratch. The way that the current templates work simply won't allow you to move backwards, and then forward again.

What's happening now is when you click Back, it is going back to the randomizer, which automatically serves up a new question (and doesn't register that you completed the previous one). If you're using the Randomized Quiz structure, you'll definitely want to lock down navigation. You can remove the Navigation Master from those quiz pages (and perhaps create a copy that looks similar, but doesn't have navigation buttons).

Or you can use Global Events to disable and enable the navigation buttons. Here's a Video Tutorial that goes in depth into Global Events.

If you're building a Linear Quiz, then you can move forward and back, but you lose out on some of the features that the Randomized Quiz Controller gives you (randomization, question pools, Review Mode at the end).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/24 6:32 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hi Gavin,
I've already emailed you this, but for anyone else watching this thread, here's a messy version of a randomized quiz all on one page. It assumes that every question is a RadioButton or CheckBox, though you could get creative and have a DnD or something on one layer that, when answered correctly, could set the selection on the RadioButton, which is what the logic is paying attention to. It is extremely important that there is only one RB ( or CB ) and one answer text per layer, since the indexes have to match.

Feel free to start with it and make any modifications. You could use it for review, back-and-forth navigation, or even keeping track of which questions are incorrect and then only serving those back to the learner.

Here's a video on how it works currently - https://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/one-page-quiz.mp4

We'll probably clean it up a little more and release it as a "template" (pre-built functionality without a wizard) in the future.
0 (0 Votes)