Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Custom video controls

Toggle
Custom video controls
Answer
6/8/23 6:00 AM
Is there a way to create buttons for videos where the video can be paused or rewound (but can't move forward)? I'd like to add these buttons and disable the video control function so that my audience has some control but does not skip important video content. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Custom video controls
Answer
6/8/23 3:45 PM as a reply to Ria Malik.
I did this once before (probably not as nice as the SB folks would do it, but it worked for me).  
Basically, I made three buttons with "rewind," "play," and "Pause" icons.  For the rewind button, I set up an action that says when the button is clicked, take the current time of the video and subtract 10.  For the Pause/Play action, I set up two actions.  For Pause, I set the pause button to simply pause the video, but also show the play button (which should be set to "Start Visible = False").  Then I set an action for the Play button to play the video when clicked and hide itself.  The buttons are stacked with the play button directly on top of the pause button.  Now, in my version the video was set to Autoplay with "Controller = none." 
If you have something else happening before the video, you should reconfigure the actions a bit so that users have the ability to play the video.  
My actions are below: 
0 (0 Votes)