Message Boards Message Boards

Back

JSON integration : Web object

Toggle
JSON integration : Web object
Answer
6/15/23 7:02 AM
Dear Team
I am trying to integrate a json file as a web object but facing issues. I tried embedding the json as a web object but it failed so I tried to embed a text file that has the code directly into the file as a text file but while previewing it shows the code again when loaded.
Do you have any tutorial how to embed the json file or the code in the web object or am I doing something wrong here?Attached are the sb file, json file and the code in the text file.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: JSON integration : Web object
Answer
6/15/23 5:57 PM as a reply to sanjyot salgar patkar.
Hi Sanjyot,
As always, the more context we have the better. What are you expecting/wanting the JSON file to do? To my knowledge a JSON file is just a bunch of data. Are you trying to load that data into a SmartBuilder variable, so that you can use action blocks to ask for certain pieces of that data? That is possible, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

Are you expecting the JSON file to draw things on the page, or provide some sort of interactivity? I don't think a JSON file on its own can DO anything, it's just a way of formatting/storing data. You would need some sort of JavaScript (or something else) to actually run / make use of that data. Here's a video that basically describes what a JSON file is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiADhChRriM&ab_channel=WebDevSimplified

Without knowing what you're expecting, or where this file comes from (Was it generated from another tool? Are there more output files that were generated as well?), I don't even know how to begin to answer your question!
0 (0 Votes)