Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Enhancement requests: styles and object clipboard

Toggle
Enhancement requests: styles and object clipboard
styles clipboard
Answer
12/29/16 7:07 PM
I cut my teeth in e-learning in Authorware and one of the reasons I like Smartbuilder it's the closest program I've found. There are two features that Authorware had which I miss and I think others would find useful.

Firstly the ability to program fonts. So having selected a font, you could then save it as, say feedback font or question font or hotspot font and then there was a dropdown menu that allowed you to select that font when you needed it and all the characteristics (colour, font, size etc) were already there. It was a really useful shortcut.
The other feature was a library of objects that you use repeatedly in the build. This would sit as a pop-up window and you just had to drag and drop into the part you were working on. I know you can go back, find the object and copy and paste but the library was much quicker because it was right there.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Enhancement requests: styles and object clipboard
Answer
1/5/17 4:48 PM as a reply to Beta User.
Regarding fonts, we will consider this along with other style re-use features, hopefully for inclusion in the 4.1 release.
The idea for a library of objects is similar to the paste queue in SmartBuilder v3, but is somewhat more user friendly. This 'clip board feature' could be persisted with the lesson as opposed to a paste queue which is wiped after a session. Also, a clip board could be left open as a panel or floating window for easy repeat access. This has been added to the backlog.
0 (0 Votes)