Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Showing and Hiding multiple things

Toggle
Showing and Hiding multiple things
Answer
5/17/19 8:41 AM
Hello!

I have a lesson where I want to let students click on the different items in a menu (screenshot). I have made hotspots for each menu item on the screenshot and clicking on each item will display only the text related to that item. I'm sure there's a very handy/smart way to code this other than what I've been doing now which is having each hotspot show one item and hide everything else (see image).

How can I set this up so that I don't have 20 hotspot controls each showing and hiding about 15 different text objects?
Show and Hide
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Showing and Hiding multiple things
Answer
5/17/19 8:33 PM as a reply to Bianca Grin.
Hi Bianca,
You're right!  There are a couple ways to do this more efficiently:

1. You can use Stacks and Layers to manage what is shown and hidden.  By default, you can only see one Layer at a time, so you don't need to "clean up" by hiding all other possible objects - just show the Layer you want, and the others will be hidden automatically.  Make sure that when you move your text objects into Layers, that the text objects are starting visible.  Otherwise, you'll just be showing an empty layer.  Here's a video that shows how to do this - http://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/layers-1.mp4

For more information about using Stacks and Layers, see the full video tutorial here.

2. You can tag the individual text objects you want to hide, and then tell everything with the tag to hide (one response), then show only the one you want (second response).  The order of the responses is important.  Here's a video that shows you how to set that up - http://share.smartbuilder.com/public/support/tag-lists-1.mp4
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Showing and Hiding multiple things
Answer
5/20/19 5:28 AM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hello Navdeep,

Thanks for the help! Looks like the Tags-option will work for me. 
0 (0 Votes)