Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Phone view doesn't scroll to top on page change

Toggle
Hi,

I have built some phone views for a course. The page content is taller than a single phone screen, so the user needs to scroll down to see all the content. I have placed the button to navigate to the next page at the bottom of each page. This means the user does not need to scroll back up to navigate to the next page.

I am finding that when navigating from one page to the next, the browser window position is remaining at the same scroll position as the previous page - i.e. the window position is not moving to the top of the page, and instead a page might load in with the window scrolled half way down the content.

Is this expected behaviour? I personally believe the window should auto-scroll to the top on page change. Is there some way to achive this?

Many thanks in advance for any help given.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Phone view doesn't scroll to top on page change
Answer
1/24/24 6:10 PM as a reply to Leon R.
Hi Leon,
Yes, this is expected behavior. There may be times where a page change is invisble to the learner (such as some software simulations or quizzes). We'll see about adding a lesson setting so that this can be configureable. 

In the meantime, there's a workaround that you can use. 
  1. On the Master Page add a text object to the top left corner,
  2. make the text white, or the same color as your background to "hide" it (keep Start Visible = true),
  3. turn off the Show Focus Ring property on the text object.
  4. Create an action that says onPageChange > Focus on (text object). The "Focus on" block is under the "Page" category.
See attached image. That should force the page to scroll back to the top any time the page is changed.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/24 4:35 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Thank you, that works for us.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/24 1:30 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
I can see this change has been implemented in version 5.1.0.

Many thanks for doing that.
0 (0 Votes)