Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Action to calculate Y-position of radio button is sometimes wrong

Toggle
Hi there,

I am finding the action to return the Y-coordinate of a radio-button is sometimes wrong.

It seems it is reliably correct when the text label is only one line. If the text label spans multiple lines, it is consistently wrong.

I have created a very basic demonstration…

I created a radio-button selection where the text label span three lines. I then manually drew a horizontal black line through the center of the option. This line is positioned at Y = 175. Screenshot here: https://ibb.co/JdBsnKx

I then used the action to calculate its position, and this returned a value of 163. Screenshot here: https://ibb.co/QH51LP3

Can this be checked at your side, please? Many thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Action to calculate Y-position of radio button is sometimes wrong
Answer
3/8/24 5:12 PM as a reply to Leon R.
I have now realised this is because I have selected the option to middle-align the radio buttons with the text label, but the Action is always using the position when the radio button is top-aligned with the text.

It would be nice if the Action could become aware of this setting.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/24 6:30 PM as a reply to Leon R.
Hi Leon,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would classify this as a bug, and something we would have to fix. While you're waiting for that, the only workarounds that I can suggest are:
  1. use the top aligment,
  2. I assume that you're trying to show some feedback icons? I guess you could have multiple icons, place them exactly where you need them, and then show/hide them, rather than move a single icon around,
  3. use logic to check for a particular selection and then add extra pixels to the value.
I think we might be able to get this fix into our next update due out in a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/24 7:12 PM as a reply to Navdeep Dhillon.
Hi Navdeep,

I appreciate the fast response and look forward to seeing a fix.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/24 7:08 PM as a reply to Leon R.
Hi Leon,
Just wanted to let you know that this should be fixed in our latest update 5.1.1. Please try it out and let us know how it goes!
0 (0 Votes)